Social Nova is currently in search of a Digital Marketing Coordinator (on a 6-month contract basis) and interns. See if you’d be a good fit for our team!
Digital Marketing Coordinator
We are looking for an independent contractor to manage digital marketing efforts for up to 15 events a month. Position is temporary for 6 months with potential to become full-time. Primary responsibilities would be running Facebook Ads and Google Adwords campaigns and sending out regular marketing emails. This is a remote position working closely with our Marketing Manager and reporting to our Executive Brand Director. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow with our team as we expand to new cities and develop new event brands.
Responsibilities of the Digital Marketing Coordinator include the following:
- Digital Ads Management – Launch and manage advertising campaigns on Facebook (including Instagram ads), Google Adwords, YouTube, and any other platforms we may explore as we grow. Monitor results and analytics and make strategy suggestions.
- Email and Messenger Marketing – Manage email marketing via Emma and/or MailChimp, including maintaining our contact database and lists for each city and sending out regular marketing email blasts. Grow our Facebook Messenger database via Manychat and send out marketing messages to our Messenger subscribers.
- Content Development – As needed, develop visual and written content for our social media pages, advertisements, and emails. You’ll need to learn the Social Nova voice and each of our brand personalities to assure that our image is consistent across all platforms for each event brand.
- Customer Service and Community Management – As needed, manage customer service inquiries via email and Facebook Messenger and interact with our community through social media posts and comments. Platforms may include, but are not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Experience managing Facebook ads
- Experience running email marketing campaigns (experience with Emma or MailChimp is a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and task-oriented
- Self-starter with the ability to manage time & prioritize
- Sound judgment, professionalism, and a positive attitude
- Photoshop or other design experience is a plus
Hourly compensation, amount depends on experience. Estimated 30-40 hours per week. Hours are flexible and you are welcome to maintain other marketing clients or another part-time job while working with Social Nova.
To apply, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page and select “Job Application” as the Inquiry Type. Please upload your resume as an attachment.
College students – are you interested in event planning or marketing? Want to see how all our events come together and gain hands-on experience creating and/or promoting events? Then you should work with us!
Our interns are an integral part of our team. You’ll be working on tasks that will directly affect our events, connect with our participants, and influence our company as we grow together. You’ll never be getting anyone coffee or filling time scrolling through Facebook – unless we ask you to engage with our followers or research content to share.
All positions are remote and compensated $10/hour. Must be currently enrolled in classes and able to communicate remotely with our team via Google Hangouts, email, and other online services, as well as phone calls. We are currently hiring interns in the following departments:
Event Planning and Operations Intern
Gain firsthand experience planning and executing events with our Operations team. You will help build and put on various events throughout the summer/semester. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing promotional packages to be sent to participating bars.
- Assisting with event concept building and theme development.
- Sourcing, securing, and managing necessary staffing, including sending out manuals and day-of details to event staff.
- Managing event pages online to ensure we have the most up to date details posted.
- Brainstorming new and creative ways to improve the customer experience.
- Assisting with post-event recaps, data collection, and expense organization.
Marketing and Communications Intern
Work with our Marketing team to promote our event brands through social media, email marketing, and digital ads, and to engage with our audience via social media and email. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Managing social media comments and engaging our audience on platforms including Facebook and Instagram.
- Monitoring and reporting the results of our digital marketing efforts. This may include pulling statistics from social media engagement, advertising campaigns, and email marketing results, as well as qualitative reporting on reactions from our online audience.
- Responding to customer inquiries via email and Facebook messenger.
- Assisting the marketing team with the evaluation of our strategies and the development of new strategies and content for a variety of channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Assisting the marketing team with other day-to-day tasks such as maintaining our email database, creating marketing emails, creating and managing online event pages, and updating our websites.
To apply, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page and select “Internship Application” as the Inquiry Type. Please upload your resume as an attachment.
Event Staff, Partnerships, and Other Opportunities
Interested in working with the Social Nova team but not a college student? Do you have a business that would like to partner with us or sponsor an event? We are always looking for event staff, marketing partners, and venues to host our events. Fill out the form below to let us know what you’re interested in!